Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Time Draws Near...

Can you name the fonts? 

This is the (semi-) final cover art for The Dulcet Constellation. The painting in the background is called Mary, Queen of Heaven by the Master of the St. Lucy Legend. It's my favorite artwork at the National Gallery in DC. Go see the original—it's eight feet tall and shines like a gem.

This book has been a thorn in my side for a long time. Hopefully within the next month, I'll release it. There comes a point when more revision becomes not only insufferable, but futile. Your changes become just changes and not improvements.

But I'm very excited for everyone to read this. It's a PG-13, with no sex and minimal grue. I wouldn't be embarrassed to have my grandma read it, which is something I can't say about other stuff I've done. But, rest assured, things will still get as weird (and I would hope, interesting) as ever.

I'll do a full press-release type write-up sometime soon and post it here.

1 comment:

  1. Its going to be awesome! I have been reading a pre-release copy and it is super exciting!

    ReplyDelete